Between an impressive modern skyline and exciting history, Frankfurt is perfect as a destination for families with kids!
- There are a lot of museums where kids can explore & experience science, history, culture and much more. We recommend the museums like Children’s museum, Deutsches Filmmuseum (German Movie Museum), Communication museum, or Senckenberg Natural History Museum.
- The EXPERIMINTA unites a world full of mathematics, technology and science and kids can even do exciting workshops there, for example reconstructing small robots and then programming them on laptops or following the myths of the indians with experiments, making smoke signals or doing handicrafts.
- Most famous is Frankfurt’s Zoo where kids can enjoy watching a huge variety of animals.
- A convenient and unique way to get acquainted with the metropolis and its sights is to take a ride on the bright tram Ebbelwei Express. Little guests will be offered apple juice and their parents will be offered apple wine, a traditional drink of Frankfurt.
- A beautiful getaway is the Palmengarten in Frankfurt (garden of palms) where you can spend some relaxing hours with your family.
- If your family prefers water fun and likes to splash, dive and slide, then you’re a visit to a water park is the perfect thing to do! There are three water parks in Frankfurt and its surroundings: Panoramabad Bornheim, monte mare Obertshausen and Rhein-Main Therme.
- An hour’s drive from Frankfurt is the Taunus Nature Park. There are great possibilities for outdoor activities. Visit, for example, the Hessenpark open-air museum and find out how the local peasants lived in medieval times.
- The Taunus Wunderland amusement park is a land of wonders, fun and surprises in three large theme areas. Leave your daily life at the entrance and spend an unforgettable day with your loved ones!