Bavaria is the perfect destination to spend some amazing time as a family with kids.
Known for its beautiful nature Bavaria offers a lot of beautiful lakes.
- Lake Chiemsee, lake Tegernsee or lake Starnberger See are worth an excursion if you want to have some fun with family by or even on the water. You can take boat trips, bath, have a picnic, do some sports like hiking or just enjoy the nature.
- A kid’s heaven is the Legoland in Günzburg. The adventure park is built out of Legos and offers several different roller coasters, carousels and themed exhibits all provided to bring fun to children.
- The famous salt mine in Berchtesgaden is pure excitement for young and old. You can learn about the thrilling history of salt extraction and how it was for the local miners to work under the earth every day. Highlights are the fun slide and the Mirror Lake you will explore.
- What could be more fun than sledding down the mountain on real snow in winter? In winter there is a lot of snow in Bavaria, which is perfect for sledding! Of course there is also the possibility to learn to ski in one of the many great ski schools, to build an igloo or to take a snowshoe hike together.
- In Bavaria are the famous summer toboggan runs! A summer toboggan run is a slide on which you go down the valley with a kind of sledge in summer. A slide with many curves, bends and straight lengths full of excitement and action!
- The PLAYMOBIL FunPark near Nuremberg is very popular day out for families! The PLAYMOBIL is a paradise of life-sized characters: knights and princesses, pirates and mini builders. A giant indoor PLAYMOBIL toy town, a covered climbing garden and a pagoda area are all just waiting to be explored.The all-pervading motto of the park is “Action and Exercise”!
- Explore the wild nature of Bavarian Forest. Several museums and Info centers tells exciting stories about flora and fauna and presents those topics in multimedia easy to understand for the whole family. Immerse into the arising primeval forest: have a fun at forest playground Spiegelau, observe animals in natural and large enclosures – an experience almost like in wilderness, make a Treetop-Walk or visit in Stone Age Cave. Wake up an adventurer in your child!