Bavaria is the perfect destination to spend some fantastic time as a family with kids.
Known for its beautiful nature, Bavaria offers a lot of beautiful lakes.
Lakes Tegernsee, Chiemsee, Starnberger
- Lake Chiemsee, Lake Tegernsee or lake Starnberger See are worth an excursion if you want to have some fun with the family by or even on the water. You can take boat trips, a bath, have a picnic, do some sports like hiking or just enjoy nature.
Legoland in Günzburg Germany
- A kid’s heaven is the Legoland in Günzburg. The adventure park is built out of Legos and offers several different roller coasters, carousels and themed exhibits all provided to bring fun to children.
Salt Mine in Berchtesgaden
- The famous salt mine in Berchtesgaden is pure excitement for young and old. You can learn about the thrilling history of salt extraction and how it was for the local miners to work under the earth every day. Highlights are the fun slide and the Mirror Lake you will explore.
Sledging Down a Mountain
- What could be more fun than sledging down a mountain on real snow in winter? In winter there is a lot of snow in Bavaria, which is perfect for sledging! Of course, there is also the possibility to learn to ski in one of the many great ski schools. Also, you can build an igloo or take a snowshoe hike together.
- In Bavaria are the famous summer toboggan runs! A summer toboggan run is a slide on which you go down the valley with a kind of sledge in summer. A slide with many curves, bends and straight lengths full of excitement and action!
- The PLAYMOBIL FunPark near Nuremberg is a trendy day out for families! The PLAYMOBIL is a paradise of life-sized characters: knights and princesses, pirates and mini builders. A giant indoor PLAYMOBIL toy town, a covered climbing garden and a pagoda area are all just waiting to be explored. The all-pervading motto of the park is “Action and Exercise”!
Bavarian Forest and Stone Age Cave
- Explore the wild nature of Bavarian Forest. Several museums and Info centres tell exciting stories about flora and fauna and present those topics in multimedia easy to understand for the whole family. Immerse into the arising primaeval forest: have fun at forest playground Spiegelau, observe animals in natural and large enclosures – an experience almost like in a wilderness, make a Treetop-Walk or visit in Stone Age Cave. Wake up an adventurer in your child!