Heidelberg is a beautiful town with history and art, but also a great place for kids!
- There is a little amusement park called Märchenparadies which offers fun park rides for kids and on some days there even are fascinating falcon shows.
- Heidelberg provides the outside playground alla hop! where kids have the possibility to jump, climb and to romp around by sunshine. The bad weather alternative are several indoor playgrounds and jump hall like for example Sprungbude .
- Heidelberg’s zoo is pure joy for the whole family. Kids will love watching wild animals: from Asian elephants, meerkats and gorillas to mini goats. More than 2000 animals in more than 150 species can be discovered at Heidelberg Zoo!
- How did the knights live in castles and fortresses of the Middle Ages? You can learn more about it by visiting real castles and fortresses. And there are many near Heidelberg! The city is located on the “Fortress Road” tourist route of Germany.
- Holidaypark Pfalz is a half hour drive from Heidelberg. The amusement park is open during the summer months and offers a variety of entertainment, from relaxing carousels for the youngest to fun rides and water races for teens. Kids will love meeting with their favorite cartoon characters like the little bee Maya and her friends, fairy Mia and the little viking Vicki.
- For a day trip with children from Heidelberg, we recommend visiting the city of Speyer, which is half an hour away. The world-famous Speyer Technical Museum deserves special attention. The unique examples of rare cars, aircrafts and swimming vehicles, as well as space technology, gathered here are amazing!
- Miramar Water Park (30 minutes drive) is a thermal pool. There is a swimming pool with waves as well as laser shows in the evenings and of course saunas for adults. Kids can enjoy adventure in the jungle bay and African safari on a huge playground, and for older children there are 9 different waterslides they can experience!