A perfect family holiday offers Cologne: fun activities and exciting excursions for kids or even for the whole family.
- The Odysseum is an adventure museum and is unique! Children of all ages can go on an exciting research trip at 200 adventure stations: in a playful way, the exciting side of science and technology is brought closer to both children and adults in a playful way.
- The zoo in Cologne is the perfect destination if kids want to explore the world of more than 10000 animals including reptiles and birds. Really special to watch are the feedings of sea lions, penguins, hippos and piranhas!
- The Chocolate Factory welcomes visitors with a mouthwatering aroma of chocolates. Kids can learn here the fascinating process of chocolate making and can even have their own bar made on request. A highlight is definitely the chocolate fountain and the opportunity to taste delicious chocolates. Yummy!
- Cologne’s lush of green is the Rheinpark, a paradise for kids providing them with a theater, a youth centre and several playgrounds.
- At Phantasialand, an amusement park near Cologne, the whole family gets its money’s worth: from carousels for the little ones, wild water rides for brave ones to wild looping roller coasters and spectacular live shows, Phantasialand offers everything.
- The steam train “Bimmelbahn”, which runs in the centre of Cologne, is a popular attraction for children! Two different routes take you and your children from Cologne Cathedral to the Chocolate Museum or to the Zoo.
- The water park “Aqualand” is a popular place for families! For parents there are various saunas and steam baths, for the little ones there is an entertainment area and a shallow pool. For young people there is a large swimming pool and attractions – including 7 slides of varying length, height and speed!