Berlin is a child-friendly city and fulfils every wish of families with children. And even though Berlin is a big city, there are many attractions your kids will love!
So, what is in Berlin for kids?
Zoo’s in Berlin
- Zoo! There are two Zoo’s in Berlin: the one and most popular Zoo Berlin in the west city center of Berlin and another one, larger but not less interesting is the Tierpark Berlin. Both show the variety of animals and birds from all over the world. Aquarium Berlin at the Zoo lets kids see the underwater world, insects & reptiles!
The Science Spectrum Centre, the Labyrinth Kindermuseum and the Mach M!t Museum in Berlin
- Many museums and exhibitions, like the Science Spectrum Centre, the Labyrinth Kindermuseum or the Mach M!t Museum are especially made for curious kids. It is not only allowed to touch all exhibits, kids can even test them! Learn by playing and gain insight into science, culture and art.
The Natural History Museum, Berlin
- The Natural History Museum (Naturkundemuseum) is very popular by children. The collection includes more than 30 million objects: from skeleton of a dinosaur, collection of minerals and fossil, stuffed animals presented in a natural setting and much more. A must-see for young dinosaur fans!
The Tropical Island, Berlin
- For some action we recommend a day trip to the famous Tropical Island, a huge tropical amusement park with palms, water slides wave baths and much more!
Moviepark in Babelsberg, Berlin
- Also Moviepark in Babelsberg is interesting for kids who would love to get insights to a movie production. Sightseeing tours through film studios and scenery and stunt shows of musketier and cowboys are possible.
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre, Berlin
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is the ultimate indoor playground directly at Potsdamer Platz. Kids can climb, ride, dream, build and be amazed by colorful world of bricks LEGO® .
The Ritter Sport, Berlin
- The chocolate world of Ritter Sport near Gendarmenmarkt is a heaven for big and little chocolate fans. Cafe, shop, museum and workshop – everything is dedicated to diversity of Ritter Sport chocolate bar.
The Little Big City, Berlin
- Get know 750 years of Berlin’s history at Little Big City – historical buildings, holograms, countless projections and over 6,000 residents bring history of Berlin to life.
The Karl’s Adventure Village and Strawberry farm, Berlin
- Karl’s Adventure Village and Strawberry farm, on the border of west Berlin is a great for a family trip all year around! Outdoor attractions like petting zoo, adventure playground, big slide, pony riding and tractor driving and many more attractions make the little farmer happy! A great covered farm market offers plenty of strawberry-related and other regional products. Indoor playground, handicraft workshops for children and the manufacturies, where you can see how strawberry jam, candys or gummy are made. Both fruity strawberry ice cream and delicious strawberry cake can be enjoyed here, as well as a wide selection of dishes for hungry ones.
The KPM manufactory, Berlin
- The historic KPM manufactory in Berlin-Tiergarten, the oldest Berlin handicraft factory which is still producing today, offers exclusive insights into the secrets of the craftsmanship of porcelain and porcelain painting. In several workshops the little artists can craft porcelain or even paint it in the KPM DIY manufactory.