Munich is very family friendly. It’s easy to get around by foot and besides Munich’s colorful diverse range of offers there are a lot more attractions kids enjoy in Munich!
- Very fun is Munich’s Spielzeugmuseum (toy museum) where you can gaze at historical toys like dolls, stuffed animals or model railways.
- Another exciting museum is the Deutsches Museum which is the biggest science and technology museum in the world!
- For all animal lovers there is Munich’s zoo called the Tierpark Hellabrunn, the Zoological Museum or Sea Life.
- All horse fans find pleasure at the Cavalluna Park – a horse adventure world where you can experience the elegant animals up close. In addition to various theme pavilions with various attractions, you can be there live during the training of the show horses and you can watch the farrier work their magic!
- If your kids are interested in movies, we highly recommend the Bavaria Film Studios where you can get insights of a movie production.
- Diving into a colourful fairytale world is possible at the Märchenwald Wolfsratshausen. Not far from Munich, stories of fairy tale characters are waiting to be told. The park offers several playgrounds, a slide paradise and numerous rides.
- Galaxy Erding Waterpark is only a 40-minute drive away from Munich. This is where the largest waterslide system in Europe is located and there are more than 20 of them here! The water park is divided into three zones: family, adventure and wellness. An oasis of fun and relaxation Galaxy Erding will bring pleasure to the whole family!
If that’s not enough, Munich can be an excellent starting point for exploring of Bavaria region. See “Bavaria for Children” for inspiration!