Munich is very family-friendly. It’s easy to get around by foot, and besides Munich’s colourful, diverse range of offers there are a lot more attractions kids enjoy in Munich!
Spielzeugmuseum (toy museum)
- Very fun is Munich’s Spielzeugmuseum (toy museum) where you can gaze at old toys like dolls, stuffed animals or model railways.
- Another exciting museum is the Deutsches Museum, which is the biggest science and technology museum in the world!
- For all animal lovers, there is Munich’s zoo called the Tierpark Hellabrunn, the Zoological Museum or Sea Life.
- All horse fans find pleasure at the Cavalluna Park – a horse adventure world where you can experience the elegant animals up close. In addition to various theme pavilions with multiple attractions, you can be there live during the training of the show horses, and you can watch the farrier work their magic!
Bavaria Film Studios
- If your kids are interested in movies, we highly recommend the Bavaria Film Studios where you can get insights into movie production.
- Diving into a colourful fairytale world is possible at the Märchenwald Wolfsratshausen. Not far from Munich, stories of fairy tale characters are waiting to be told. The park offers several playgrounds, a slide paradise and numerous rides.
Galaxy Erding Waterpark
- Galaxy Erding Waterpark is only a 40-minute drive away from Munich. It’s the largest waterslide system that can be foun in Europe. There are more than 20 waterslides here! The water park has three zones: family, adventure and wellness. An oasis of fun and relaxation Galaxy Erding will bring pleasure to the whole family!
If that’s not enough, Munich can be an excellent starting point for exploring of Bavaria region. See “Bavaria for Children” for inspiration!